
Say it ain't so...this baby is ready to hit the books. A child needs to be 2.9 years old - and Sadie just made the mark to start Preschool 1. It's a great place close to home with an awesome rep. We went for "orientation" last week, where she saw her kingdom and was ready to conquer.

I bought this dress awhile ago, and being the shorty that she is, many dresses in her size are too long. This was perfect for the first day of school. I showed her last night and she kept hugging it and swinging it around, purring "thank you, thank you so so much, Mom." It was very Shirley Temple-esque. After forcing her to get in bed, the only thing that would calm her down was if she could sleep with her dress. She tucked it under her ear and went right to sleep.

Today was the first official day. One thing about having Sadie in a social setting since she was an infant is that there's no anxiety of mom or dad leaving. She sing-songed "I'm going to school today!" in the car. Chanted "first day of school, first day of school" as she marched up the steps - then turned into the classroom and didn't look back. I had to stop her in her tracks to even say goodbye.

No comments:
Post a Comment