Saturday, September 1, 2012

Live Free or Vacation: NH

I've been eyeballing Storyland since I brought all 8 lbs of her swaddled into our home in 2009. I finally made that trip come true this past weekend, much to her delight.


We stayed two nights in North Conway - conveniently our hotel was in the parking lot of the outlets (yay!). I had never been up to that area (at least that I can recall) so it was a pleasant experience to explore. We went to little General Stores with interesting things, had great breakfasts two days in a row and bopped around town.

 
 

Friday was dedicated entirely to Storyland. I waited until about 4 days out to let Sadie in on the secret  - but gave her just enough information to make her squirm (i.e. riding in Cinderella's pumpkin coach). And the day did not disappoint. We were there for a total of 6 hours and hit almost every ride except three (Alex was getting a little weary on the spinning things by the end. I had "pregnancy" as my out.) It was also the perfect time of year to head up there. We barely waited in any lines, the crowd was minimal and the weather was perfect.

Upon arrival, we were instructed we needed to beeline to Cinderella. Sadie chatted her up like no tomorrow ("Where are your step-sisters?" Where is your step-mother?" "I have your movie"...). Poor woman couldn't escape.





Aside from the obvious (Cinderella stuff), Sadie loved the roller coaster and the flume ride the best - going on multiple times each. It was really a great place, perfect for her age.



Instead of heading straight home on Saturday, we lingered a bit by going to Mount Cranmore for some more thrill seeking fun. The lovely woman at the ticket booth decided Sadie would be 2 years old, so we didn't have to pay for her (bonus!). She and Alex did the alpine slide a few times, along with the summer tubing. Sadie also got to go on the trampoline - the kind that you're strapped into. Barely 30 lbs and tackling it like a champ.
  

 



Last, we took the chairlift to the summit - where you could walk around and beautifully see Mt Washington sitting next to us. Both ways - up and down - kept scooting her butt to the edge of the seat while Alex was white-knuckling her tiny body. Amazing views, amazing family, amazing memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment