Friday, December 14, 2012

Say Hello To Leo James

We've waited a long time and our tiny boy is finally here! He arrived just as scheduled (thank you c-section) at 12:55 pm on Friday, December 7th. Though the dark coat hides it, it's the final image of me in street clothes with baby on board. Enjoy it, it's likely the very last ever.


The section went just fine. It was strange waking up that morning, showering and hopping in the car like I was going to any other appointment. Very nonchalant. As I had IVs running into me, Alex and I relaxed, watching a little Price Is Right. Talk about anti-climatic.


When it was time, I walked myself into the OR to be prepped. I was happy that the hosptial staff put my fears at ease of feeling pain during the surgery (based on my Sadie experience). They let me know exactly what was going to happen when, and what I was supposed to be feeling. When it was 'go' time, Alex came into the room and perched himself on a stool at my head. He had a clear view of the operation, but refused to look - he was dramatic about it all. Then about 15 minutes later the doctors announced "it's baby time". There was a lot of pushing and tugging, a vacuum was used along the way - and before he was even fully out of the womb, he started crying. It was sweet music to my ears.

I asked the doctor if he happened to have a short cord too. Answer was no, but he did have it wrapped around his neck. My kids and their cords, sheesh.
 




He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and only cried for a few short minutes. He's a snuggler. As he's a week old today, he's only cried a handful of times - and nothing that can't be cured with a little body heat and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment