I am my own worst nightmare. I promised I would not be one of those parents that over-schedules their kids. Oh well. Saturdays have now proved to be quite busy. Up and at 'em early to make it for ballet at 9am, come home for a quick change and snack, then off to ice skating at 11. Not to mention the parties and playdates...I have a four year old with the social calendar equivalent to Kate Middleton.
Alex has been drooling over the idea of ice skating forever, so I signed them up for an 8-week parent/tot skate class at Loring Arena in Framingham.
The first class was this week. The tots took to the ice, slipping and collapsing all over the place. Like watching a poor animal stuck on a pond. Most of the parents spent the 30 minute class trying to get their kid to stand up, let alone move. Sadie, on the otherhand, was a pro. Similar to her swimming classes of 2011, the instructor suggested she already move up to an advanced level.
We won't quite go there yet, but she'll be on her own in no time (as she has already declared that she doesn't need Daddy's help anymore. Similar to how she told me she doesn't need to go to ballet either because "I know how to dance now.")
No comments:
Post a Comment