I'm eager to take advantage of any outdoor time while we still can (cabin fever is closing in) - and this past Saturday was a great day to be out. On top of that, I had tickets to the New England Aquarium that I scored from work - and expire in November. I was determined not to let them go to waste (though I can always get more).
With no nap to be had, Sadie explored the aquarium. Her eyes were darting around and she lit up at the sights of colorful fish, diving penguins and crowds of kids. Yet, after awhile, if you've seen one fish - you've seen them all. She was done.
We strolled over to Faneuil Hall, where we watched a crew trim and prep a massive Christmas tree, saw a street performer squeeze his body through a tennis racquet, and got an up-close look at a horse (the kind that pulls the buggy for tourists) - and like the child genius she is - Sadie pointed at Quincy Market and yelled "EAT!"
Round two with the merry-go-round. As you may recall, in April she had her first ride and was skeptical. This time it was utter joy! When the ride ended, she sprinted for the gate to have another go at it.
Sadie's been on repeat mode with certain words lately. A few weekends ago it was "donut". This weekend she was all about "cake". It came out of the blue. We tried to make Mike's Pastry in the North End an experience unto itself, but the line was enormous. Instead, we made our way through the cobblestone streets, past Paul Revere's house, and back to the car. The fresh air was simply too much to take.

No comments:
Post a Comment