Today was as low key at Thanksgiving you could get, particularly when hosting it. Alex ran a 5 mile race this morning, while I started in the kitchen. Sadie marvled a bit at the Macy's Parade. Lots of yelps over Dora and the Smurfs. Grandma and Pep came by with Frank, Marie and baby Ethan (who's just over 3 months old). We haven't seen Frank and Marie since their wedding in upstate New York, when Sadie was only 5 weeks old.

A fresh bird, locally grown from Outpost Farm, a handful of sides and outrageous pies. I starved Sadie so she'd eat with us at dinnertime, but she was only interested in the bowl of cranberry sauce. Eaten with her hand. She polished it all off with pumpkin pie - mainly eating only the whipped topping. The girl's particular, what can I say? It's once a year.
I'll have a Thanksgiving part 2 post to come soon. The pics of Sadie cuddling with baby Ethan are on another camera. Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment