
I took my vow of weekend entertainment and turned it into a bowling extravaganza. You must understand, I have to be careful when uttering the words "bowling" in this house. Once said, there's no turning back - even if it's just a suggestion. Alex takes it as fact. Same goes for saying "pizza". Choose your words carefully.


I'd been thinking of going bowling for a few days, but I kept this to myself until we were literally walking out the door. We went to the Ryan Family bowling center in Millis, which offers only the best in the sport - candlepin. I think everyone with kids under 10 had the same idea.


Sadie took to it like a fish to water. A pro at age two. We, of course, got the faulty lane where the balls kept getting stuck underground. The man with a plunger had to keep coming to unclog it. Only us. There was another family sharing our ball return too. A family of four, with a two year old who had a meltdown within moments of tying their rental shoes. They left immediately.

Sadie kept with it for almost an hour - then got distracted by the glitz and glam of the arcade. She'd bolt, heading straight for Dance Dance Revolution. Sometimes it's just easier to let her go.


No comments:
Post a Comment