
Thanksgiving seems to melt into Christmas more and more. Meals are similar, Christmas music is played in early November and the rush is on for gift giving. I felt it more this year than any other.






I suppose it's partially my fault, as I planned Christmas-related activities Thanksgiving weekend too. There are a number of events related to Sandwich's Holly Days, so why not check them out as a pseudo-townie.

The first was Gardens Aglow at the Heritage Museum and Gardens. I thought it was awesome. It's an evening event that features beautifully lit trees and gardens, carousel rides, marshmallow roasting and photos with Santa in a Ford Model T.

Sadie did fantastic on Santa's lap. I thought for sure she'd be all talk and then clam up at the big moment. But she went in, guns blazing, rattling off her list. When she hopped off his lap - she turned, looked him dead in the eye and said "well, where are my toys." I clearly needed to explain the process of Santa a little better.


Round two was this weekend. This Santa visit incorporated a ride on the Polar Express. We hopped the old Cape Cod railroad in Sandwich and sped off to the North Pole (West Barnstable). I didn't like this as much as the gardens, but it was still sweet. Besides, Sadie had another shot to confirm her demands with the old man.


No comments:
Post a Comment