Sunday, April 15, 2012

Connecticut Cowgirls


The origins of this photo started more than a decade ago. It was a sunny summer day in the late 1990's when my great friend Amy and I were strolling downtown Northampton. As we passed a street musician playing the steel drums, he started to tailor his song to us - two girls from Connecticut. Neither one of us have ever lived in Connecticut. We found it hysterical.

Fast-forward to about 2010 when I told my boss Deb that story the day I was wearing my white J.Crew pants with tiny embroidered lobsters to work. She thought the word "Connecticut" summed me up. She really only calls me Foster or Connecticut, so if I hear my first name, it's like a 'mom tone' when I know she means business.

About a month ago we were in Phoenix for work. We were hosting an old-west style reception, and we are always encouraged to dress up. There was an Old Navy across the street from the resort where I bought my plaid shirt. This just called for more ridicule, since my selection was pastel and so uncowboy-like.

When I saw the matching pattern on the Old Navy sale rack in a 3T the other day, I was over the moon. Not only was it $6, but it would make Deb laugh - which is one of my favorite things to do in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment