A week ago we took Sadie to her first Boston Marathon. It was a hot, 90-degree day - reminicient of the last time I ran in 2004 (high temp of 86-degrees). I really can't believe it's been that long...I miss it sometimes, but then I saw the agony on the runner's faces and I was happy to be sitting in the shade with my family. I bought a box of 100 freeze pops so Sadie could hand them out to the sweaty runners. As soon as we saw the lead female and male packs come running by, she was eager to give them a cool snack. I had to explain how they were going too fast to stop for a treat. Eventually that box of 100 went in about 5 mins flat.
We took a trip to Southwick's Zoo last weekend too, on another hot, beautiful day. Marilu Henner Jr. remembered the last time she went she was sick - and she rehashed that throughout the day with all her "remember whens". Here's my monkey sitting with her friend Georgie Porgie.
Since I haven't done this in awhile, here's a snapshot on my Sadie:
Likes: Berries of all sorts; parties; ice cream cones; SpongeBob SquarePants; Curious George; Ariel is still her best friend; Loves the song Rumor Has It by Adele and will demand it be played on the radio; Huge fan of Elton John; Walking in the woods; Dandilions, inchworms and ladybugs; Needs to be the one to open the microwave if it beeps; Hide and seek; Pretends she's Mother Gothel and I'm Rapunzel and will brush my hair and tell me I'm never leaving the tower, ever.
Dislikes: Vegetables; Being forced to go potty (even when she's doing the potty dance); Not getting an immediate response from Mom or Dad; Eating supper (and will demand lots of snacks afterward); Sitting still; Coats and sweatshirts; Being told she's not a princess (a little girl at school taunted her with this information).
What's New: She is always trying to make a deal...and will literally say "here's the deal" and lay it out for us; She's fiercely independent and refuses to hold hands in the street (don't worry, she doesn't have a choice); Sadie got a bike for Easter - training wheels and all. But she doesn't like to push with her legs, so goes no where; She likes to tell the story of how she picked Portia and Maggie out in a pet store and brought them home (Sadie wasn't even alive when we got Portia and Maggie didn't come from a store...).




No comments:
Post a Comment