We were lucky to receive so many wonderful gifts from friends and family when Leo arrived. He doesn't have to worry about running out of clothes until he's 2 years old. The dresser drawers are packed with such cuteness (and I never thought boys clothes were particularly cute. I was wrong.) I'm grateful for all of the love and thoughtfulness that people have extended.
There are three gifts, in particular, that stand out - and I wanted to pay some recognition.
My crafty step-mother has many talents when it comes to "homemade". I don't know anyone who can even compare, except for maybe my sisters (I wasn't blessed with any talent at all). She knitted this gorgeous sweater with matching hat for Leo. It's super cuddly and warm. He grew out of the hat, since he has a giant melon - the the sweater fits like a glove. I was able to squeak out his first smiles on film with this photo shoot.
Second, one of my best friends in the world (and college roommate) Maribeth is uber talented too. When Sadie was born, MB knitted a beautiful baby blanket. For Leo she made this adorable frog hat. Too cute for words.
Last, our neighbors - the O'Learys. They lavish our kids with gifts, books, attention and flattery. We are spoiled and terribly lucky. Though it's not homemade, per se, there was particular thought behind this gift. It's a little onesie that pays homage to our Moose. So adorable, I could scream.
No comments:
Post a Comment