As I mentioned, we had a blizzard (though I read yesterday that meteorologically speaking, it didn't have all of the qualifiers to be an actual blizzard...but I digress). When all was said and done, in a 24-hour period we ended up with about 25 inches of snow....but deeper in the drifts.
Alex sent Sadie outside to stand next to the tree in the front yard to keep tabs on the flakes. She willingly obliged at 10:45 AM, 2:45 PM and then gave up. She headed back out when the skies cleared the next day.
On Sunday - one full day post-storm - Sadie and I went outside to play a bit. It was beautiful weather. Blue skies, no wind and a surprisingly mild 36-degrees in in the sun. With this much snow, it was almost hard to have fun. I had to shovel a path for us to walk in the yard. Sledding was near impossible because of the depth. I even tried to do a snow angel and got stuck. I couldn't get back up. So after rolling around for a bit I managed my way back on two feet - but completely destroyed my angel. It looked more like a car accident.
At one point she picked up a hunk of snow and pretended to call me on her cell. We simulated a few casual conversations for fun. Eventually she tired of the game, but I kept calling her. Our last chat went like this:
RING RING
Mom: Hi it's mom. Who's this?
Sadie: It's your child.
Mom: Which one?
Sadie: Sadie
Mom: What are you doing?
Sadie: I'm eating lunch. You keep calling me. Stop calling me. I'm busy and will not answer the phone.
CLICK
No comments:
Post a Comment