Monday, July 22, 2013

Delays, Delays

I missed it. And I'm terribly sorry. My bambino celebrated his 7 month milestone over two weeks ago and I not only haven't posted - I didn't even get a proper photo. This is where an app saves the day and I could type it in!


My last post was all about our new phones and technology, of which I have decided has made me even more lazy. I had a good process going with my camera. But now with the camera phone it's all a mess. Aside from getting photos on here (which really isn't difficult, but it means *gulp* I actually have to boot up a computer on the weekend), I have to figure out the photo orientation. Most of the photos, no matter how I fix/save them, are facing in the wrong direction. I don't want anyone to get a crick in the neck trying to look at my kids sideways. But I digress...

YES! Seven months it is. And it's been a busy one. While we started eating some mashed up bananas around 6 months, we've certainly progressed. I can't say I whip up any crazy concoctions - because I don't have the time - but Leo's tasted tested watermelon, blackberries, mango, blueberries, strawberries, peas, squash, pears, apples, bananas, yogurt, sweet potato, carrot and avocado. He's pretty good with it all. A few whole-body quivers on the first bite, but it goes down the hatch.


Mr. Man has begun his foray into crawling as well. We've been up on all fours for about 2 weeks but he started motoring this weekend. He pulls up too. On everything. Forget sleep, he wants to climb. So long, days of plopping a baby in one place and walking away with peace of mind.


Since last updating, we also took a 10 day vacation down the Cape. Let me share my recipe for exhaustion: Mix 1 part cranky baby who wants to scoot around and is possibly teething with 1 part four-year-old with itches in her britches. Combine with Daddy being MIA, working all week. Stir in baby sleep/napping issues and baby flop-sweat (must stand in front of fan 24/7) and bake it all in 90 degree temperatures, 100% humidity (too hot for the beach! Have you ever heard such a thing??). At least they look precious in photos. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment