I love Sadie's newfound vocabulary. She's very articulate and (I think) advanced for her language skills. She refers to herself in the first person often, which is not the norm for someone her age. She's becoming a pro at putting together full, coherent sentences. Just yesterday at the park, she pointed and said "Mom, look at that boy on the bench." Pretty darn good.She knows all of her colors, can count to about 17 (then it kind of falters), and can even count backwards from 10. She has a handle on an encyclopedia's worth of animals and sealife (thank you, Finding Nemo). It's really the random everyday words that make me laugh when she says them like it's no big deal...i.e. mulch, fast forward, coffee.
I need to start writing down the hilarious things she says too. For example:
I gave her one of those birthday cards that play a song. She loves it. When I was cleaning up, I slipped it in with her books on her bookshelf. She discovered it a few minutes later, took it out, looked at me dead-on and said "You're not funny, Mom".
After putting a ponytail in her hair the other morning, she wanted to look at it. She helped herself to the mirror behind the door, gazed at her reflection and yelped "Princess Sadie!"
She's particular when she goes down a slide. There cannot be a piece of dust sitting on it, or she'll want it wiped clean. A few weeks ago, she was sitting on top of the slide in our yard and started screaming "SNAKE!" It was an inch worm.
Just tonight I said to Sadie, "if you're a kid, what am I?" She replied, "a Foster".
No comments:
Post a Comment