Friday, July 13, 2012

Babies on the Brain

It's official. We're having a boy! Now Alex has somewhere to hang his beloved Jim McMahon poster that I've kept in hiding since Nick & Terry gifted it to him when they got married 7 years ago. Not that I don't appreciate a decorated athlete, but it kind of clashes with the rest of my decor. If he could hang it above the mantel, he would.


We waited to share the news with Sadie until after we found out the gender - which was this past Wednesday. We video taped it, but the sound quality didn't come out great. And that's ok - as her reaction at first was very contemplative. I told her there was a baby growing in my belly, just like she once did (she loves that story) and he'd be here around Christmas. She immediately needed to inspect under my shirt. We showed her a picture of the ultrasound and she jumped up, hugged it and said "I Love Him Already!" Sadie continued to ask a lot of questions - What is he eating for breakfast? What is he wearing in there? How did he get in there? And the best  - Can we get bunk beds? I'll sleep on top, he can sleep on the bottom.


Not sure who's more excited. Sadie - who likes to pat my stomach, give it hugs (and ask if he's still in there) and, as her teachers let me know told every parent who came in the school yesterday. Or Alex who went shopping just hours after. Guess each newborn needs the essential Red Sox gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment