Sunday, July 29, 2012

Next Stop: Nantucket


Sadie has been dying to go on a boat. Alex and I have been dying to go to Nantucket. Match made in heaven. We took an early morning ferry out to the island for a day of poking around and exploring. The boat couldn't leave the dock fast enough for Sadie, and once it did - she loved every minute of it. Except for when the horn blew.


Apparently I went to Nantucket as a small child but remember nothing. It was as expected: quaint, touristy, cobblestoned and wealthy. Some of the yachts are worth more than I'll make in a lifetime.


Instead of hiding from the camera, Sadie was forthcoming with ideas for shots. She wanted to pose with everything (the balloons and bike were her idea. She requested to be next to a boxwood hedge and I had to put a stop to the creativity).
 

 
  

We cruised around some shops (got Maggie some gourmet biscuits), a new Amelia Bedelia book, some good ice cream from Tom & Tom (the "Juice Guys"), and before we knew it, it was time to board again for Hyannis.

No comments:

Post a Comment