Last summer I bought Sadie a little life jacket that she loathed. It went over the head and snapped in the crotch. But I did what I had to because Miss Over-Confident would charge into neck-deep water with no issue, giving me a heart attack. I discovered different type of vest by another blog I read and gave it a whirl. Not only is it Coast Guard Approved, but it's awesome (PuddleJumper, I think is the brand - $12 at Target). It has little water wings that attach to a chest piece. It keeps the swimmer upright, without tipping too far forward or back. We tried it out last weekend at the Porter's July 4th pool party.
Sadie was dying to get into the pool for days - it was all she talked about. I was initially afraid she'd reject this vest too, but to my surprise she was excited to use it.
The first five minutes in the water had her clinging to Alex for dear life. She quickly eased into it and became her over-confident self again. She spent the entire day (probably about 5 hours) in the pool, hands free and by herself. Totally amazing.
Here's a pic of the usual suspects. She just loves the Aunts.


No comments:
Post a Comment