I saw Gramps on September 11th, when when was admitted into hospice. He was still in good spirits, quite talkative - but ready to be on his way to the next adventure. He passed away 6 days later. I'm so grateful for that last time spent with him...as he suggested I don't name my son Adolph and tried squeezing my hand so hard that it would "bring me to my knees."
My other grandfather (aka Grandfather - my mom's father) just turned 90 last week too. We went to visit him in the Soldier's Home - a big old-fashioned Polish get together in his honor.
Though he's been suffering from dimentia for a few years now, he had sparks of knowing who was there - but refused to believe that he was turning 90 (conspiracy!). Then again, he didn't turn away the gourment cupcake when offered either...
No comments:
Post a Comment