Monday, January 6, 2014

Party Time, Excellent

I can't believe my baby is already five. I'm amazed by the little person she's become. She's smart, creative, funny, courageous, thoughtful, headstrong, sensitive, bossy, friendly and dramatic rolled into one tiny 30-something pound nugget.

In lieu of a mega kid party this year, I let her choose a few friends to enjoy a day of fun with. Like the dramatic Sadie described above, she started tearing up about 15 minutes pre-party time that she was "so disappointed that a princess wasn't coming to her party"...Once a friend arrived, tears magically vanished and it was game on.


Grace, Julia and Lilah accompanied Sadie to Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park for 30 minutes of sweaty jumping time - then back to our house for play time, pizza and cake. Costumes were a priority before anything else could happen, of course.


And again, like the thoughtful girl I described - she took one puff at her cake, which extinguished 3 of the 5 candles...and she turned to Lilah and let her blow out the remaining 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment