
With Christmas, New Years and birthdays - our house has not suffered a shortage of cake, candles or presents. It's gotten so bad that I'll come home with groceries and Sadie squeals "PRESENTS!!!" No such luck, kiddo.


Sadie's had four birthday parties since the clock struck 2011. Nana, Auntie Megan and Dee threw a combo birthday/NYE party on the 31st while Alex and I took some much needed down time with a dinner, movie and sleep. In typical Nana fashion, she didn't disappoint with the festivities.


Moving on to Party #2: Ice cream cake with the God parents. We had invited a few other friends with kids - but everyone seemed to be busy. The small gathering was just as well. Sadie scored a great puzzle and a ball pit.


Rounding the bend with Party #3: Sadie and Alex met me in my office cafe today for a little lunch...and of course, cake. My boss and friends picked Sadie up a little Elmo and Cookie Monster cake. She blew out the candles with a mouth full of tuna (therefore the cakes were riddled with debris) and she ate more frosting than any human should.
Party #4... Mini cupcakes from Trader Joe's to officially ring in the b'day with her boring parents. We invited our trusty neighbors over to indulge (Erin & Papa).
Party #4... Mini cupcakes from Trader Joe's to officially ring in the b'day with her boring parents. We invited our trusty neighbors over to indulge (Erin & Papa).

I'm certain that the revelry will continue with a Party #5 or even #6. We still have to see two other sets of grandparents and the aunts.
Our two years together went fast. I remember everything about the night she was born. Being scared listening to her heartbeat. Freely giving myself over to the team of doctors and nurses in the frantic instant that I just wanted her to be ok, no matter what happened to me. I remember holding her for the first time, barely being able to move my arms and unable to talk because of the heavy meds of anesthesia. The first thing the nurse telling me "she has beautiful eyelashes". And to this day, she still has beautiful eyelashes. She's a gorgeous baby - and SO smart it's scary. We sometimes miss our cuddly infant, or wish we could freeze her in time today. But I look forward to the next phases when we can have meaningful conversations or be silly. We'll play new games and learn new songs. We have a million adventures to come - or at the very least, another party to celebrate her awesomeness.




No comments:
Post a Comment