
For weeks we've been looking around for a swim program for Sadie to join. Not only is it a good skill to learn, but a nice activity to get us out of the house in the winter. But no such luck. Either the programs were filled, they were waaay too expensive or there was even one place that wanted her to buy a gym membership. Um, no. She's two.


Instruction or not, I wanted in a pool. I finally came across some open swim times that non-members could participate in, $6 each. Not bad. And they had decent hours.
We went this afternoon and clocked about an hour of pool time. She loved every second of it. She practiced kicking legs and moving arms - but never at the same time. She couldn't get the hang of it. Besides, there was way too much people-watching to partake in. Her eyes were glued. We will be going back.
Going swimming today also allows me to transition into my new topic: I think Sadie has that Marilu Henner disease. The autobiographical memory. Pretty amazing stuff. I told her this morning we were going swimming and she immediately said "with Papa, Nana and Dee? At beach?" That was, in fact, the last time we went swimming - in August.
Sadie's done this a few other times just this week. Twice she was getting dressed in the morning and recalled what she was doing the last time she wore the outfit. I put her in a sweater, same as Christmas Eve, and she asked me if we were going to a party (like the party at Auntie Gerry's). A few days later she put on a shirt with a cupcake on it. It was the one she wore the day her God parents came over to celebrate her birthday. I had told her kids were coming over for cake too (that never panned out). But as soon as she had the shirt on she squealed "Kids?!". Hmmm. I'm keeping my eye on this one. I just want to say I called it first. She could be #7 in the world, behind Marilu.
No comments:
Post a Comment